13 April 2008

Saturday Morning

This was the first weekend of NICE weather. I took advantage on Saturday by getting out early.



These first two pictures are from an open area behind the Oregon State Hospital in Salem. It a huge open space with a baseball field and lots of trees. The morning was still a little chilly and the grass had some dew on it. (Interesting tidbit - the main building of the OSH was where the movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" was filmed.)




This last picture is of a swing set (obviously) at Englewood Park. Trees create a canopy that limits the amount of light that comes through, so it is actually quite dark at the park. I had the place to myself this early on a Saturday morning, which was good. I spent a lot of the time rolling, crawling, and kneeling on the wood chips and wet grass.



I went to Baskett Slough NWR in the evening but I'm saving those for a later post. It is easy to want to get outside when it is like it was this weekend.

No comments: