27 April 2008

Brush College Park

This weekend was spent exploring Brush College Park in West Salem. I had spent a few lunch times in the parking lot the past year but had never ventured far. This weekend was the first time that I took the opportunity and I was pleasantly surprised! I had assumed that it was only a small open area with playground equipment but was delighted when I found paths through the trees and a small creek flowing through.

Here are some of the highlights from the morning.







The water in the creek was cloudy and I was able to create a smoky look. This was a nice effect when I got back and looked at them on the computer.

I had so much fun in the morning that I had to return in the evening. The light was not as nice but I still was able to get some good pictures. And despite crushing a banana slug with my elbow, I had a good time.



No comments: