07 November 2008

Last Touches of Fall

Mill Creek has many places at which you can take some good pictures. These were taken just across the street from our place. Unfortunately there is no good access to the stream without climbing over a small hand rail by the sidewalk. I was not feeling too adventurous last weekend and it was starting to rain.
The backyards of the houses on the opposite border the creek and most of them have built a retaining wall. However, the outside of the turn has been left unchanged and is rather extraordinary. At this point, the creek is about 25 feet below the sidewalk and a foot bridge.
I really wanted to get closer to the water right by the bridge, but it wasn't very safe on one side and the other was private property. Some day I will have to drop down further upstream and walk to where I want to be. Hopefully I won't get too wet on the way.

No comments: